Provides professional nursing care to neonates and their families, receives supervision and direction from the Nurse In-Charge and Supervisor. Delivers nursing care compliant within established policies, procedures and healthcare in CSH. Works is performed on any shift, hours are as assigned and may include on call.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Performs a systemic initial and ongoing assessment of the neonate’s physical and psychosocial status, specific to the age of the patient.
- Assesses patient/family educational needs and readiness to learn utilizing appropriate resources.
- Assesses patient/family discharge planning needs, utilizing appropriate resources.
- Assess and coordinate patient discharge planning needs with member os healthcare team and family.
- Collaborates with the patient/family and other members of the health care team to develop and update a plan of care that is consistent with the medical diagnosis and based on the neonates changing physical, psychosocial and age related requirements.
- Established realistic and measurable goals that are culturally sensitive and identifies nursing interventions to achieve the goals.
- Plan and organizes patient care activities on a daily basis.
- Provides total, direct nursing care consistent with the plan of care and needs of the neonates with respect for the parents & neonates privacy, dignity, personal preference and culture.
- Carries out physician’s orders and reviews nursing and medical orders for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Prepares administers and documents the administration of oral, parental and topical medications as prescribed by the physician.
- He / she is knowledgeable of therapeutic effects, usual dosages, contraindications, side effects and adverse reactions for all drugs and parental fluids administered.
- Intervenes appropriately in clinical emergency situations, initiates emergency resuscitative measures and assists with codes.
- Sets up equipment for and assist physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Performs a wide range of nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safely and comfort, including those requiring strict aseptic technique.
- Assists with Internal/External transfer of patients within/outside the health care facilities.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Teaches patients and their families with emphasis on compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimen. Supports families in meeting the patient’s psychosocial needs.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized environment for the patient/family/visitors and staff.
- Demonstrates priority setting and timeliness in responding to patient needs.
- Evaluates quality of nursing care being delivered and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluates on an ongoing basis the patient’s progress and the appropriateness of the plan of care involving the patient/family and other health team members.
- Updates the plan of care to reflect patient’s current health status and needs.
- Evaluates and documents the patients/family’s understanding of and response to the plan of care including teaching and discharge plans.
- Participates in presenting patient care conferences.
- Practices within the established standards, policies and procedures.
- Recognizes when the patient care needs extend beyond the limits of personal ability and consults appropriate resources.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and maintain currency in nursing for area of practice.
- Uses computer technology as required.
- Maintains infection control and safety awareness functions accordingly and initiates corrective action when indicated.
- Participates in fire and disaster drills and mock codes.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient/family information.
- Acts as a patient advocate and develop supportive relationship with patient/family maintaining a professional role.
- Communicates verbal information in an accurate concise and timely manner.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Documents in a manner that is consistent with the nursing documentation guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with other members of the health care team.
- Performs other position related duties in any area assigned within the hospital premises according to the hospital needs.
Qualification, Licensure, Education, Experience, Special Skills:
- Completion of a formal program of professional nursing education and current licensure as a professional registered nurse.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Two years clinical neonate nursing experience following licensure/registration in the country of origin with DHA license to practice Dubai, UAE.
- BLS provider or training to follow within 3-6 months from date of joining. NALS (neonate advance life support) optional.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Spoken Arabic desirable.
<a href=”https://www.careers.csh.ae/jobs/registered-nurse-nicu/” target=”_blank” >Apply Now</a>